Re: Bootstrapping (was Re: ITP: MUMPS -- ...)

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008, Ron Johnson wrote:

IIRC (and I very well might not), doesn't gcc also bootstrap itself?

Sure.  The problem is that there was an initial bootstrap at some
point in time and you can relay on a working gcc in Debian since
ages.  This is not the case for GT.M and even if I would have
interest to support GT.M for Debian Med because it would give us
a grip to the only professional free hospital management system
(VISTA) I could follow the arguing that introducing such complicated
steps for cornerstone software is not really welcome.  (Well
nobody did so catually but I did not provoked this argument until
now because I do not even have time to try ...)

Thanks for the hint anyway

          Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de