Re: [Pkg-xen-devel] Xen status in lenny?

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 02:11:48PM +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 07:11:06AM -0500, William Pitcock wrote:
> >
> > Without dom0, lenny will be unusable for several installations of mine
> > which presently run an ugly combination of etch's dom0 and lenny's
> > kernel. I would like to do that in a different way.
> >
> > If we will not see dom0 in linux-2.6 on Debian, we should at least have
> > a 2.6.18 tree with dom0.
>
> no.
> we will not have 2 different linux-2.6 versions in Lenny.
> please think of the implications before throwing out suggestions.

So basicly Debian takes the same route as Fedora did (see my other mail
about it).

It's understandable from the distribution/kernel maintencance point of view.

But it's really sucky for the users.. This needs good documentation in the
release notes etc.. so people realize lenny won't support Xen virtualization
anymore (running virtual machines on lenny host).

-- Pasi