Re: DPL teams survey summary summary

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 5:20 PM, Steve McIntyre <leader@debian.org> wrote:
> 8. Publicise more clearly the places where new people could help
>   out. I'm commonly asked by people how they could get involved in
>   Debian, or what tasks most urgently need help, and those are quite
>   difficult things to answer. A more focussed set of web pages and/or
>   wiki pages targeting these questions would be a great thing to
>   have.

A new usertag was introduced into the BTS a while ago, the
gift tag. [0] [1] Being a newbie in Debian, the BTS and
contributing to the free software community I thought this
was a great idea. It seems that the gift tag isn't used that
much though [2]. It would be great if the gift tag gained
popularity.

There exists pages on w.d.o that targets how to get started
with help out. [3] [4] Perhaps there is a need for a more
clean path to finding out how to get started, a start would be
to put links on the frontpage of w.d.o and [5] to get directly
to the help guide [4]. As it is now, the path there is quite
long and IMHO you need to know what you are looking for.

--
Per Andersson <avtobiff@gmail.com>

[0] http://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org/GiftTag
[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2007/12/msg00679.html