Re: ITP: password -- little ruby random password generator

Ryan Kavanagh <ryanakca@kubuntu.org> writes:

> Package: wnpp
> Severity: wishlist
> Owner: Ryan Kavanagh <ryanakca@kubuntu.org>
>
> * Package name    : password

That's a very generic package name and should probably say *something*
about how it's a random password generator.

>   Version         : 2007.12.30
>   Upstream Author : Joakim Olsson <jocke@gnu.org>
> * URL             : http://lirhost.net/~jocke/password/
> * License         : GPL
>   Programming Lang: Ruby
>   Description     : Compact ruby random password generator
>
> Little random password generator which generates a random
> password which is strong, safe and secure.

How does this differ from all the random password generators already in
Debian?  Why would I use this instead of one of:

apg - Automated Password Generator - Standalone version
funcoeszz - script with 65 useful mini applications
gpw - Trigraph Password Generator
libpam-pwgen - a password generator
libstring-mkpasswd-perl - random password generator