Re: Dpkg triggers and user experience, aka "How do I disable those triggers" side effect.

Le 30 juin 08 à 11:56, Bernd Eckenfels a écrit :

In article <[🔎] 1214812383.10373.12.camel@holly.codehelp> you wrote:
delayed from when? I think it is better to extend the message and be
more verbose. I also think that some indication of *why* things were
delayed would solve the problem.

I must admit i dont know how those triggers work, but I asume it is

"Remebering to process xxx once at end of installation"?

(In that way defering is better than postponing)

However the question is, if the message is only telling us, that it is not
doing anything, why not just skipping it?

No, it tells us that it is doing stuff _now_, that has been scheduled earlier. Since those tasks may take a long time (that's why we want to run them only once for several packages), you definitely need a message, but it would be nice if this message could be customized by the package or point perhaps to some documentation about these triggers.

Regards, T.