Re: Dpkg triggers and user experience, aka "How do I disable those triggers" side effect.

Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl> writes:

> On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 11:15:46AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > Le Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 10:31:54AM +0200, Franklin PIAT a écrit :
> > > The funny (and *angering*) thing is, those users who
> > > actually notice triggers are likely to complain :
> > >
> > >  "Why the Hell do you run those triggers, it wastes my time !"
>
> > Maybe "Processing triggers" could be replaced by a 2-3 word
> > summary of what the trigger is really doing?
>
> What about "Processing delayed configuration"?

Good idea, but perhaps "delayed" carries too negative a connotation
(in English). Better might be "deferred" or "pending".

How about "Resuming deferred installation steps" or similar?

--
 \       “What I resent is that the range of your vision should be the |
  `\                                 limit of my action.” —Henry James |