Re: Handling macro change in an exported library header

> If the expr had a bug and old binaries didn't work with the old
> library then I would say that requires and shlibs bump, possibly a
> versioned conflicts against all rdepends and binNMUs.

As far as I understand, as soon as source uses the affected macro, binary is
broken if compiled against unfixed version of the library, regardless of what
library (fixed or unfixed) it links against at runtime.

If source is compiled against fxed library, it will work correctly (at least
at this point) regardless of what version of library it is linked at runtime.

It looks that I may just upload the fix, without changing soname or shlibs,
and then notify rdepends? Maybe also write a note into README.Debian in -dev
package?