Re: bashism question

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 10:07:27AM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> With our move to dash as sh we have to remove all bashisms from scripts
> run by /bin/sh. However, checkbashism seems to moan about clauses that
> work in dash as well. I don't know in which shells a trap with a signal number
> is guaranteed to work, but it seems to work well in dash.

Policy currently doesn't allow use of XSI extensions which is what
"trap -SIGNAL_NAME" is.  Therefore, checkbashisms is flagging such use
until policy is clarified about this behavior[0].

[0] - http://bugs.debian.org/477240
--
James
GPG Key: 1024D/61326D40 2003-09-02 James Vega <jamessan@debian.org>