Re: ITP: debian-backports-keyring -- GnuPG archive key of the backports.org repository

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 11:39:36AM +1000, Brian May wrote:
> Luk Claes wrote:
> >apt-get install debian-backports-keyring
> >
> >or
> >
> >gpg --keyserver hkp://subkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 16BA136C
> >gpg --export | apt-key add -
> >
> This involves 3 separate commands, and modifies files under
> /root/.gnupg/ at the same time. Seems overly complicated, especially for
> non-technical people. Would it be possible to simplify this?

The problem is not simplifiing the process, but finding one that is not flawed
and actually provides security.

This ITP is not about making it simpler.

--
Robert Millan

<DRM> What good is a phone call… if you are unable to speak?
(as seen on /.)