Re: ITP: debian-backports-keyring -- GnuPG archive key of the backports.org repository

> On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 07:34:59PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Saturday 21 June 2008 15:52, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> > > I'm still not that sure if its a good idea to add a non-offical debian repo
> > > keyring into the archive...
> >
> > Nobody is forced to install it?!
> >
> > And AFAICS we regulary recommend backports.org to users, who need newer
> > software. So I think it should be in.
> >
> But backports.org is still unofficial.  If it were permitted, then what
> would happen when other unofficial repository maintainers want to
> package their repository keyrings?  Will those be allowed or disallowed?

What's wrong with packaging a keyring? Does a keyring package differ in any way
from a "normal" (whatever that is...) package? It installs some files and in
some sense modifies your system. It does not download any software itself, so
what?

Best,
Michael