Re: Some packages blocked for the poppler, c-ares and ffmpeg transitions

* Domenico Andreoli [Fri, 13 Jun 2008 00:15:25 +0200]:

> Hi,

Hello, Domenico.

> > Domenico Andreoli <cavok@debian.org>
> >    curl

> latest upload of curl dropped c-ares support because of its problems
> with IPv6. why do you consider it for this transition? not that I plan
> to do many uploads more...

Because curl in testing *does* depend on libc-ares1, which means that
migrating curl without the ares dependency is necessary to get the
transition done.

curl, though, is blocked in a way that will allow uploads once the
current version has migrated, independently of whether the transition is
done by then or not. Same story for ruby1.8.

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org
Everything you read in newspapers is absolutely true, except for that
rare story of which you happen to have first-hand knowledge.
                -- Erwin Knoll