Re: What should postrm purge actually do?

On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 08:58:54PM +0200, Jeffrey Ratcliffe wrote:
> Fine. Although it always annoyed me that my $HOME filled up with
> spurious dotfiles whose origin I'm not necessarily sure of, and that a
> good installer could know to remove them if the package were purged.

If you run a shared /home by NFS mount, how would your installer know if
the package is still in use on a nother system using the same /home?

> Or is there a better solution? (I'm not sure it is gconf)

Stuff in /home is not something to worry about.  That's for the user and
only the user to worry about.

--
Len Sorensen