libweather-com-perl useless in Etch

Fellow earthicans,

I'm maintaining the libweather-com-perl package. Apparently
(http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=35681) the package stopped
working after May 6th 2008. I patched the package so it works again and
uploaded it into unstable. Just wondering what to do with Etch because the
version in Etch is effectively not working any more. Is this a matter for
a security update? I didn't have to deal with such an issue before. Hints
welcome.

Cheers
 Christoph
--
When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.