Re: Mouse configuration during installation needs improvement

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 12:22:15PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> Which I did many years ago.  But it would still make it easier for
> us dual-use people, and not affect only-gooey users, if gpm were the
> default.

I would like ssh installed by default before gpm, but I don't think we
need to go back to doing that either.  The admin installing the machine
should decide what to add to the base system.

For that matter, gpm is only useful on machines with a mouse, some
machines just have serial consoles.  They have great use of login and
getty, and such, but gpm and X just waste space.

--
Len Sorensen