Re: Alioth slowness - web pages not loading, top showing 10.00+

This one time, at band camp,  said:
> Hello,
>
>   While doing some research on git and alioth, certain web pages take
>   very long to load and some time out. For example, I am having
>   trouble reaching the debian-perl team's web site -
>   http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/
>
>   When I log into alioth via ssh and do a quick top, I see that there
>   are some processes (postmaster) using a lot of CPU and that the one
>   minute load average appeared quite high, i.e. > 10.00.
>
>   While I realize that alioth is a bit of a workhorse and is used to
>   running under heavy load, I thought I would report this slowness
>   and heavy load to this list in case someone thought it was worth
>   looking into.

It should be fixed now.  Alioth was the victim of a DDoS attack against
a forum that the project admins apparently forgot about.  I've deleted
all the messages in the forum and removed it, and things seem to be back
to normal.

Thanks for the heads up.  In the future, messages like this are probably
more usefully conveyed by joining us in #alioth on oftc.net or sending
an email to the admins directly, rather than hoping we see it on -devel.

Cheers,