Re: divergence from upstream as a bug

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 02:44:49PM +0200, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> I'd suggest to start with making pristine upstream tarballs (or pure
> subsets of those) obligatory. No modifications allowed in there and no
> exceptions.

How would you define "no modifications"? Even a subset already implies
modifications. But what about a snapshot from $VCS_OF_THE_DAY? The
exists no pristine tarball. And if someone really wants to do that he
may pull the source unmodified from its own fork which is resynchronized
for each version.

Another Armenia, Belgium ... the weak innocents who always seem to be
located on a natural invasion route.
		-- Kirk, "Errand of Mercy", stardate 3198.4