Re: divergence from upstream as a bug

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 02:44:49PM +0200, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> I'd suggest to start with making pristine upstream tarballs (or pure
> subsets of those) obligatory. No modifications allowed in there and no
> exceptions.

How would you define "no modifications"? Even a subset already implies
modifications. But what about a snapshot from $VCS_OF_THE_DAY? The
exists no pristine tarball. And if someone really wants to do that he
may pull the source unmodified from its own fork which is resynchronized
for each version.

Bastian

--
Another Armenia, Belgium ... the weak innocents who always seem to be
located on a natural invasion route.