Re: How to handle Debian patches

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 07:05:20PM +0000, Joey Hess wrote:
> And conversely, as upstream I'm git-aming patches emailed to me every
> day from people from all over, including other distributions, and that
> works quite well. The quality of the patches is often high since they are
> worked up to the point to be submitted upstream. And if a patch has
> problems, or if I don't understand it, I can immediatly talk to the person
> who developed it.

  that works if upstream uses this kind of decentralized way of working,
where sending a patch to a list or a developper works. Some upstreams
will tell you to send the patch to a bugzilla, where someone will
probably eventually commit it, one day or the other (year).

  Not all upstreams are linux, git, ikiwiki or similar communities. Some
other are glibc, mozilla, <put your nicest upstream here>.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit