Re: How to handle Debian patches

2008/5/16 martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org>:

> Lucas Nussbaum threw the idea of having a webpage with posisbly
> annotated patches for each Debian package on *.debian.org at me the
> other day, in response to the OpenSSL debacle. I really liked it!

I think it would be a great Idea, but the point would be to be able to
automate the process of uploading the patches there somehow from the
package source. Combined with the idea of anotating the patches in the
source packages, the result might be quite useful. I'm quite afraid
that if the process is not automatic, but manual, the amount of extra
work and redundancy of uploading the patches twice (once for the
package, another one for the patches alone) will lead to very few
developers participating, and also to desynchronization between the
patches being uploaded and the real patches in the packages.

Greetings,
Miry