Re: How to handle Debian patches

Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le vendredi 16 mai 2008 à 16:04 -0400, Joey Hess a écrit :
>> You're insinuatiog that a VCS does not allow easily browsing and
>> examining patches, and I just don't buy it.
>
> I can do more than insinuating: a VCS does not allow easily browsing and
> examining patches. It doesn’t prevent it, but solely, it is not
> sufficient.

git.debian.org

Seems very clear to me. Same patch changes as upstream for small
projects like Linux.

Clear patches are not because of VCS, but because of clear and concisely
described changesets. If you have patches with bad descriptions or a
giant blob in VCS, then that is useless not because of the failure of
VCS, but the failure of the developer.

Cheers,
Adam