Re: conglomeration packages (Re: Will nvidia-graphics-drivers ever transition to testing?)

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 09:27:31PM -0400, Filipus Klutiero wrote:
> Packaging icebear wouldn't necessarily be useless. I defined it as yet another
> IRC client for the sake of the example. You can imagine it as yet another
> media player if you think that's more useful.

You can't compare packaging two unrelated and independant programs which
can be built completely independantly with the kernel modules which can
not be built completely without the kernel source (which varies
independantly of the module sources).  A change to either the kernel
sources or module sources will require a rebuild.

So any comparison of an application to kernel modules is completely
irrelevant and pretty much pure nonsense.

--
Len Sorensen