clive: volatile or not-for-stable?

Hello,

Package I maintain (clive) relies in functioning on external resources
(YouTube, GoogleVideo and less known ones) which change frequently. This
means clive need to be regularely updated to continue to function.

I suppose clive should not be included in stable release due to such
unsatisfactory state of things, but what should I do instead? I've read
debian-volatile procedures and it seems quite restrictive - upload only
by maintainer, and I'm not a DD (yet) and unclear.

Is it ok just to file RC bug "Should not enter testing" and forget about
the problem with clive in stable releases forever?