Re: [OT] Need old Packages.gz and Release Files

Am 2008-04-28 20:21:34, schrieb Goswin von Brederlow:
> > If you have for example the ORIGINAL CDs/DVD's of 3.1r4 I can build  the
> > package tree from there since I have all original packages I only do not
> > know which packages went included in the releases...
>
> Did anyone mention http://archive.debian.org/README yet?

Yes, but the lists are not complete.

> If you get the Packages.gz, Release and Release.gpg files from a
> CD/DVD set then you can verify them individually with the debian
> archive key from that time and then merge them into a full list and
> sign with your own key. You don't have to download anything from
> archive.debian.net if you have those index file.

As I have written, I have nearly  20 TByte  of  Debian  packages  on  my
mirror and only accidently killet the /debian/dists/ directory with  all
its Packages.gz, Sources.gz, Release and releases.gpg files.

I have all downloaded I  have  found  and  arround  16%  of  the  mirror
(generaly the last releses) restored.  What I am missing, are the  LISTS
of the packages from the Sub-Releases like r0, r1, ...

Since I have ONLY original Debian packages and trust them because it  is
a private Non-Public mirror (up to now) I need only the Lists  with  the
files with its version numbers which went in the Sub-Releases to  create
the Symlinks and generate the NEW Packages.gz and Sources.gz files.

Since I can not use the original GPG-Key I sign the Release  files  with
MY GPG-Key to be sure, no one else after me has modified it.

OK, there are peoples using my  mirror,  BUT THEY TRUST MY KEY  even  if
they have not signed it, because we have never meet us personaly.

Note:   If I do bad things, peoples will find it out very fast,
        and my business is ancien history...

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

+49/177/9351947    50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
+33/6/61925193     67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)