Re: New README.source documentation for Debian packages

On Tuesday 29 April 2008 10:31, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Benjamin Seidenberg <benjamin@debian.org> [2008.04.29.1535
+0200]:
> > Full ACK. I'd also like to see one for dpatch. Possibly something
> > that can just be symlinked too.
>
> Not sure about just symlinking. I'd rather say it should be:
>
>   To use this package, you need to install dpatch.
>
>   Once installed, please see /usr/share/doc/dpatch/...

For common patch systems like dpatch or quilt, I guess I don't see what I
learn from this that I can't already learn from a quick glance at the
build-dep line in debian/control.

For obscure/unique systems, I think it's sensible, but I didn't think this
proposal was meant to address neophyte packagers, but people like the
security team that are familiar with common/standard tools.

Scott K