Re: New README.source documentation for Debian packages

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 03:00:40PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> [2008.04.29.0113 +0200]:
> > Here is a sample of the sort of documentation that would satisfy this
> > recommendation, written for a package that's using quilt:
>
> Might I suggest that for such cases, a common file explaining how to
> use quilt can be used or better yet: referred to?

Full ACK. Why reading the (nice!) proposal I was indeed worrying about
the duplication of information on how to use some common tools and, more
worrisome, the fact that when the tool changes we will end up with
inconsistent/incorrect information in a lot of packages.

With the huge amount of packages we have we should factorize as much
information as possible after all.

Unrelated: I guess that we will then have to bug (nicely) quite a few
source packages which are currently using debian/README.Debian-source,
haven't we?

Cheers.

zack@{upsilon.cc,cs.unibo.it,debian.org}  -<%>-  http://upsilon.cc/zack/