Re: Package builds when depending a specific locale

Very good solution, thanks for your help Adam. I'm preparing new packages. It is a corner case I see but maybe we should accept
this as a general solution for the problem.

murat,

2008/4/26 Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl>:
On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 02:24:03PM +0300, Murat Demirten wrote:
> I've a problem with manpages-tr package build process. It is binary
> independent package, basically contains man pages.
>
> But package author uses a different aproach to build man pages from xml
> sources. There is an xml2man.c which used on build process
> to obtain man pages. And this utility can not be run properly if tr_TR.UTF-8
> locale does not exist at build system. This breaks our automatic
> rebuild systems, so how can we address this problem? Any ideas..

You can do the following:
1. build-depend on "locales"
2. put the "locale-gen" script I attached into debian/locale-gen
  (changing en_US.UTF-8 to tr_TR.UTF-8 in your case)
3. in debian/rules:

manpages:
       sh debian/locale-gen
       LOCPATH=$(CURDIR)/locales $(MAKE) manpages

The idea is not mine, but I don't remember whose anymore :(.  But hey, it
works for me.

--
1KB             // Microsoft corollary to Hanlon's razor:
               //      Never attribute to stupidity what can be

--
Murat Demirten
Genel Müdür