Re: RFH: Multiarch capable toolchain as release goal

Le Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 05:49:07PM +0200, Robert Millan a écrit :

> Before you bring this to the tech ctte and such, don't you need a refusal
> by the maintainer?

Hello,

It reminds me when I had to deal with a DD who thought he orphaned a
package, but did not. It lead to a situation where a few monthes were
lost: the maintainer was not answering because he thought he was not the
maintainer, and I had to wait for the answer of the maintainer because
of Policy 10.1 (conflict over binary file names).  Luckily, the package
was removed... I think that the morale of the story is that when enough
time passed with no anwer, sticking to the rules might not help.
(alternatively, it could be that the rules need to define a
timeout...)

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy