Re: [pkg-boost-devel] Bug#473752: Bug#473752: Boost 1.35 has been released
On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 04:13:05PM -0500, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 03:13:15PM -0400, Joshua Judson Rosen wrote:
> > If you guys need some help, I can try updating the packaging for 1.35.
> Packaging is not the issue, however. I think I can do that over the
> weekend. The real issue is whether it can be uploaded this close to a
> freeze; for example, does it break any existing reverse dependencies?
> c.f. http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2008/03/msg00930.html
> So, assuming I can produce the packages, what would help is to have
> volunteers to test build all the things that build-depend on boost.
I think new and separate boost-1.35 package is the best option we have:
1. It may be uploaded now and released with lenny without touching
any reverse dependency
2. Never more huge transitions, reverse dependencies take 1.35 as
3. At the right time 1.34.x is pulled out the archive and all the
broken rdepends get a RC bug
4. This may be repeated for any X and X+1 release of Boost, I hope
only for two releases at the same time ;)
5. X+1 packages may be uploaded well before the release, to let people
use and test also the pre-releases
I could make sush package but I need the point about the SVN repository.
Steve, I saw the transition of boost-jam to merge-upstream-mode, which
are your plans for boost?
-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936 4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50