Re: Misc development news (#6) (DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=noopt)

I demand that Raphael Hertzog may or may not have written...

> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008, Charles Plessy wrote:
>> Le Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 10:58:29PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog a écrit :
>>> Since dpkg 1.14.17, dpkg-buildpackage will define the environment
>>> variables CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, CPPFLAGS, LDFLAGS and FFLAGS. The goal is to
>>> be able to easily recompile packages with supplementary compilation flags
>>> and to simplify the debian/rules files since CFLAGS has the right default
>>> value (no need to special case for DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=noopt).

>> When do you recommend to drop the support for this option? I personally
>> like to keep debian/rules minimal. Do we need to wait for a Policy
>> update?

> I would not yet update the rules files. [...]

I'd rather that this just got left in debian/rules, where it belongs:
xine-lib, for example, needs more than just -O0 for disabling optimisations.
Then there are the times when I find it useful to run "debian/rules build" or
something similar...

| + At least 4000 million too many people. POPULATION LEVEL IS UNSUSTAINABLE.

I'd like to, but I'm going down to the bakery to watch the buns rise.