Re: RFH: Multiarch capable toolchain as release goal

* Lennart Sorensen <lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> [080415 21:57]:
> Now I suppose sparc and others might still like it if they have
> performance advantages of 32bit code over 64bit code, in which case
> keeping 64bit for only those programs where the extra address space is
> worth it would be great.

I guess most long-year sparc users are by now against any multiarch
stuff by bad experience. Having 64 bit libraries installed on sparc
was always the best way to get a broken system. Every other year
some directory changes to a symlink, or a symlink to a directory,
changes it name from ultra to sparc64 or there is some other reason
breaking your upgrades. So at least I try as good as I can to avoid
anything with the threathening "64" in its name.

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link