Re: Should -dev packages providing .pc files depend on pkg-config?

I demand that Gabor Gombas may or may not have written...

[snip]
> Also, if it's the -dev package that depends on the tool and the tool
> changes, then the users will get worse error messages.

Unless the -dev package has a wrapper for that tool, e.g. for backward
compatibility reasons. xine-config in libxine-dev, for example, started using
pkg-config; Depends is correct since everything which needs xine-lib uses
xine-config (or at least I've not seen any which don't).

[snip]
| + Burn less waste. Use less packaging. Waste less.     USE FEWER RESOURCES.

There is news.