Re: debian-multimedia-keyring/debian-backports-keyring in official debian repository?

On Monday 07 April 2008 19:57, Peter Jordan wrote:
> why are the keyrings of debian-multimedia.org and debian backports not
> in the official repository of debian?

I guess this was answered already in this thread :-)

> At the moment you have to install untrusted keyrings before you can use
>  these repositories.

No need to do this without a trust path at all, it just needs five easy and
documented steps to add those keys with a trust path, for the backports
archive see:

That said, I would appreciate debian-backports-archive-keyring package in
Debian main, just like there is a debian-edu-archive-keyring.

I wouldn't want a debian-multimedia-archive-keyring package in Debian (main),
as this archive doesnt promise to comply to the DFSG as the other three
archives do. Contrib would probably fine.

ITPs anyone?