Re: Should -dev packages providing .pc files depend on pkg-config?

* Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@err.no> [080405 16:53]:
> That depends on the library you are linking against.  I, as an library
> author is free to say «the only supported way to use my gargleblaster
> library is through the I_CAN_HAS_GARGELBLASTER autoconf macro» (which
> then proceeds to set GARGLEBLASTER_CFLAGS and GARGLEBLASTER_LIBS by
> using pkg-config).  If I do that, pkg-config is effectively part of
> the API.

This might be a reason to make it a Recommend instead of a Suggests,
but a Depends would still be too much in my eyes.

(And I hope it would set GARGLEBLASTER_CPPFLAGS intead of
GARBLEBLASTER_CFLAGS to avoid pusing the misnaming withing pkg-config
even further).

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link