Re: Default value for CFLAGS/LDFLAGS set by dpkg

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 05:34:05PM +0200, Loïc Minier wrote:
>  (moving to debian-devel as requested by Kurt)
>
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2008, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > However, as Thiemo notes, this does break the expectation that LD_PRELOAD
> > will be allowed to intercept symbols; so this is definitely a behavior
> > change with some possibly subtle consequences.
>
>  I just wondered: is it possible to reverse/disable the effects of
>  -Bsymbolic-functions if LD_PRELOAD is set?  Or is it too late already
>  and some information was definitely lost?

If it does the same thing as -Bsymbolic, but only for functions, it
resolved all the relocations already and can only call functions
internally in the library.

I also have to wonder that if we have something like this as default,
why -Bsymbolic-functions would be a good default, and not -Bsymbolic.

Kurt