Re: What CDs and DVDs should we produce for lenny?

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 11:59:52PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>  3. For some arches, should we just provide the first couple of CDs
>     and a full set of DVDs? This is a bit of a compromise option - if
>     a given machine will not boot from DVD, but can boot from CD and
>     get the rest of its packages from a network share then all's good.

With my arm(el) hat on, none of the arm devices we currently support
boot from cdrom/dvd, so the main use of full DVD set is to help
installations at offline/slow-internet sites. One needs very good
imagination to imagine full set of arm/armel CD's being usefull to anyone.

But CDs containing enough to install common tasksel tasks can be usefull
for corner case where there is no DVD reader available but there is
a cdrom drive.

--
"rm -rf" only sounds scary if you don't have backups