Re: Proposing a new source control header to link to upstream BTSs

On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 02:38 -0300, Martín Ferrari wrote:
> Dear -devel:
>
> Following the trend to add metadata to the debian/control file that
> allows for the creation of new and powerful tools, I thought about the
> usefulness of a header that'd allow to automatically relate to
> upstream bug trackers.

Please can this 'trend' be stopped here and now?

The Packages.gz file is already enormous (especially for Emdebian
purposes or other low resource units) and adding yet more fields to
debian/control is really not that friendly.

Please use debtags wherever possible for all such metadata - maybe even
migrate some existing data in debian/control to debtags.

This specific request, IMHO, is probably best done via links on the
Homepage URL anyway.

--

Neil Williams