Proposing a new field in the source control data (was: Proposing a new source control header to link to upstream BTSs)

"Martín Ferrari" <martin.ferrari@gmail.com> writes:

> Following the trend to add metadata to the debian/control file that
> allows for the creation of new and powerful tools, I thought about the
> usefulness of a header that'd allow to automatically relate to
> upstream bug trackers.

<nitpick domain="terminology">

Those pieces of data are called "fields". Just like in RFC2822
messages or HTTP responses.

In the case of a 'debian/control' file, it makes even *less* sense to
call each field a "header".

</nitpick>

--
 \           "A poet more than thirty years old is simply an overgrown |
  `\                                      child."  -- Henry L. Mencken |