Re: How to cope with patches sanely

On Sun, 03 Feb 2008, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Feb 2008, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > Is there sombody working on Wig&Pen? Is the format consensual enough
> > that it would be accepted in Debian?
>
> I plan to work on it (but have not done anything yet except thinking about
> it and following discussions), the format might need some tweaks (explicit
> list of patches instead of implicit for example) but the basic principles
> are sane and I believe it will be accepted in Debian.

The wig&pen format has been implemented and much more:
http://www.ouaza.com/wp/2008/03/16/new-source-package-formats-call-for-tests/

http://lists.debian.org/debian-dpkg/2008/03/msg00155.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-dpkg/2008/03/msg00166.html

Testers are needed so that we can merge that in time for lenny.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog