Re: broken .orig.tar.gz (Re: package upload rejected - no email)

The Fungi wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 09:07:48AM -0400, Kevin Coyner wrote:
> > I'm going to contact upstream and ask if they would consider
> > releasing a new version so that this can get cleaned up.
>
> Wouldn't prepending an epoch be less drastic? Doesn't sound like the
> mistake was upstream's...

Isn't it enough to append something to the version number, similar to the
.ds or .dfsg if the package is intentionally repacked?  I would try avoid
prepending an epoch if possible.

Or just leave the repacked .orig for this version.  If there are no
modifications this should hurt nobody (tough I'm no DD).

Regards,
Ansgar

--
pgp: 0xF1F477C0    2BE4 CE2A E9CB 27D3 29F4  502E 53B1 6D9C F1F4 77C0