Re: Version numbering for security uploads of native packages

On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 03:47 -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> The current binNMU numbering scheme was selected explicitly to allow
> security uploads to sort later by numbering as
> <last_version>+<release><serial>; e.g., 1.2-5.1+etch1.

That makes sense, although doesn't seem to match current practice. Was
any consideration given as to where NMUs of native packages should sort?
(I realise that they're the only case that doesn't automagically dtrt
with respect to the numbering scheme).