Re: dpkg semi-hijack - an announcement (also, triggers)

William Pitcock writes ("Re: dpkg semi-hijack - an announcement (also, triggers)"):
> On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 22:06 -0700, Mike Bird wrote:
> > It's easy to see negatives such as making it harder to merge
> > long-awaited features.  What positives do you see for Debian?
>
> The horse is dead. Stop beating it.

While I don't agree with everything Mike Bird has written and I think
it would be better for him to avoid posting so much:

It would be flogging a dead horse if we didn't have the core packaging
software maintained by an obstructive and naive programmer supported
by someone who is more interested in pretty revision logs than good
code.

Ian.