Re: dpkg semi-hijack - an announcement (also, triggers)

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008, Joey Hess wrote:
> William Pitcock wrote:
> > On Sun, 2008-03-09 at 20:38 +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > > And what is the problem exactly? The delay in patch integration?
>
> If you'd look at submitting patches to dpkg from the perspective of any
> recent patch submitter, I'd think that the problem would be clear.

For the record William responded publicly to a private message (clearly
tagged that way as it started with "private reply" in the first line) and
deliberately cut the rest of my answer! Here it is:

| And what is the problem exactly? The delay in patch integration?
|
| I already explained to Ian that Guillem has orphaned other packages to
| spend more time on dpkg. We're aware of the lack of manpower but Ian
| instead of helping us productively has always had conflictual
| relationship with us. :-(

(so William Pitcock and Mike Bird are deliberately inflaming the discussions
and I'll avoid responding to them in the future and I advise anyone to do
the same)

BTW, your git source package code is in the sourcev3 branch and I plan to
merge that branch before lenny if I don't get distracted too much by all
this story.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog