Re: mass ITPs

Le Saturday 01 March 2008 19:48:50 Christian Perrier, vous avez écrit :
> If someone cares to listen: when you think about ITPing each and every
> piece of FLOSS that pops around: think about *helping* people who
> maintain existing packages instead of adding even more noise to our
> noisy bunch of various crap^W software.

Hey, reading you I figured out that all newcomers are required to have
contributions in Debian, which means *new packages*.

So, yes I understand your point, but perhaps it's also the symptom of a more
important issue: initial contributions to Debian often mean preparing new
packages.

Shouldn't we think about other alternatives in order to enforce contributions
besides creating packages ?

Romain