Re: Google Summer of Code 2008

On Wednesday 27 February 2008 18:52, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> However, we cannot blame the managers/mentors here: it's difficult
> enough to manage people working remotely, possibly in a different
> timezone, and for free (students are paid for their time, not their
> mentors).

This is also a matter of policy: organisations get $500 per project, which
they can decide for themselves whether or not to pass that on to individual
mentors. There are quite some projects passing this $500 on to their mentors
directly, and it seems well spent if that increases the success rate.

Thijs