Re: How to cope with patches sanely

also sprach Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> [2008.02.25.0828 +0100]:
>         I am not opposed to it. If you can somehow magically create a
>  tool that can linearize the feature branches, more power to you. I
>  personally find the prospect highly unlikely; and I would like to see
>  some code, please, before I grant that such a thing is possible.

The tool I envision would simply surf through the history of the
integration branch and identify merge commits. Each merge would
become a patch in the quilt series.

>         Sure. You can't integrate two features that fundamentally
>  conflict with each other. No amount of smoke and mirrors can obscure
>  that fundamental obstacle. This is independent of the tool set you
>  use.

Except that quilt provides the necessary glue to handle it, while
feature branches don't.

echo '[dO%O+38%O+PO/d0<0]Fi22os0CC4BA64E418CE7l0xAP' | dc