Re: Looking for co-maintainer for mercurial

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 12:57 PM, William Pitcock
<nenolod@sacredspiral.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>

>  On Sun, 2008-02-24 at 12:30 +0100, Ondrej Certik wrote:
>  > On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 4:27 PM, Ondrej Certik <ondrej@certik.cz> wrote:
>  > > On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 9:10 PM, William Pitcock
>  > >  <nenolod@sacredspiral.co.uk> wrote:
>  > >  > Hi,
>  > >  >
>  > >  >  I'll be happy to help with this package.
>  > >
>  > >  Hi, I'll help with this package too, because I use Mercurial everyday.
>  > >  Let's maintain it in:
>  > >
>  > >  http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/PythonAppsPackagingTeam
>  > >
>  > >  ?
>  > >
>  > >  There are many good DD's around the "Python Applications Packaging
>  > >  Team" and the "Debian Python Modules Team", because generally,
>  > >  this is a Python program, so they may help with many python related issues.
>  >
>  > Any news on this? Do you agree with me importing to package to
>  > Python Applications Packaging Team (PAPT) and changing it's maintainer to PAPT?
>  >
>  > Ondrej
>  >
>  >

>  I disagree because mercurial is a very specific tool, and needs to be
>  maintained by people who care about mercurial specifically. But if that
>  is what Vincent wants to do, then that's fine.

Well, that's what PAPT is for. All python apps and modules (those go
into the DPMT team) share
a lot of things in common, they all need the same care when switching
from python2.4 to python2.5 etc.
You can still require to approve all changes before each upload.

Ondrej