avoid conf file overwrite message?

I have a package that I made which does a dpkg-divert  in the
'preinst' on a couple of config files and then installs replacements
from them. However, even though the dpkg-divert has run (and I've
verified it does move it to the name I specify), I still get a message
that looks like this:

(this is similar to mine but not exact, I just grabbed it from the net
as I don't have mine handy)

Configuration file `/etc/twiki/apache.conf'
 ==> Modified (by you or by a script) since installation.
 ==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version.
   What would you like to do about it ? Your options are:
    Y or I : install the package maintainer's version
    N or O : keep your currently-installed version
      D : show the differences between the versions
      Z : background this process to examine the situation
 The default action is to keep your current version.
*** apache.conf (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ? Y
Installing new version of config file /etc/twiki/apache.conf ...

Is there a way (short of piping in /usr/bin/yes or something similar)
to make that go away? Eventually I'll use something like puppet to
manage these files but for now this happens to be the easiest way. If
I do answer 'Y' it does indeed do what I want.

thanks,

Will