Re: QUESTION: Debian Policy: Manual pages

Harshula <harshula@gmail.com> writes:

> Since c.deb contains all the man pages, running lintian on a.deb results
> in:
> W: m17n-db: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/m17n-db
> N:
> N:   Each binary in /usr/bin, /usr/sbin, /bin, /sbin or /usr/games
> should
> N:   have a manual page
> N:
> N:   Note, that though the `man' program has the capability to check for
> N:   several program names in the NAMES section, each of these programs
> N:   should have its own manual page (a symbolic link to the appropriate
> N:   manual page is sufficient) because other manual page viewers such
> as
> N:   xman or tkman don't support this.
> N:
> N:   Refer to Policy Manual, section 12.1 for details.
> N:
>
> What is the recommended way to deal with this scenario?

I thought that tag in lintian already had a note that you should add an
override if the man pages are shipped in a different package on which this
package has a dependency.  Apparently I was just imagining things.

Such a note will be present in the next release.