Re: Bits of the gnome 1.x removal effort

Quoting Pierre Habouzit (madcoder@debian.org):
>   Hi there,
>
>   I'm working for about a month to remove all the old bits of gnome 1.x
> from Debian for lenny. There was about 40 packages affected not so long
> time ago, it's 13 now (about half were migrated or dropped the
> dependency one way or the other, the other half was bitrot and removed).

.../...
>     Sergio Rua:                     gmanedit
.../...
>   If there is a package you love in that list, it'd be _really_ great to
> send patches to migrate them to gnome2/gtk2 libraries[0]. This is a call
> for help, because it requires some knowledge of gnome/gtk core libraries
> for some of those.

In case someone thinks about fixing gmanedit, please also consider
fixing the debian/changelog encoding (#453982) which is also a lenny
release goal.

This can be fixed with "iconv -t utf-8 -f iso-8859-1 changelog
>changelog.new" (I checked that this changelog file is not a mix of
UTF-8 and ISO-885961).