Progress on the mass bug filing for cross build support.

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?usertag=codehelp@debian.org

Status
      * 38 Outstanding
      * 3 Pending Upload
      * 23 Resolved

Thanks to all who have already fixed those bugs (nearly 50%!!). I've now
filed all the bugs that I need at this stage to be able to provide a
Gtk/GPE-based Emdebian installation (in less than 50mb installed,
including kernel and modules, hopefully). Closing these bugs will allow
Emdebian to arrange an auto-builder to cross-build these target
packages. (Right now, I'm having to do all the rebuilds manually which
is a bit of a pain, as many here would know.)

The main bugs blocking this are:

439979 -- Please export PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR in dpkg-buildpackage -a

453267 -- dpkg-shlibdeps: support cross-building by scanning required
directories

450483 -- cdbs: Stop setting DEB_CONFIGURE_SCRIPT_ENV in order to enable
cross-building

448615 -- dh_installdocs : Please consider a separate handler for
debian/copyright for embedded use

Dpkg Developers <debian-dpkg@lists.debian.org>
   dpkg

Guillem Jover <guillem@debian.org>
   dpkg (U)

Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
   dpkg (U)

Brendan O'Dea <bod@debian.org>
   dpkg (U)

Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org>
   dpkg (U)

Marc Dequènes (Duck) <Duck@DuckCorp.org>
   cdbs (U)

CDBS Hackers <build-common-hackers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
   cdbs

Peter Eisentraut <petere@debian.org>
   cdbs (U)

Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk>
   cdbs (U)

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>
   debhelper

If those could possibly be fixed before the soft freeze begins, we could
have usable cross-building support in Lenny, which would be v.good IMHO.
It would allow me to concentrate on the important issues of
Emdebian-specific changes (like optional components and dependency
changes) instead of simply getting the packages to build.

This is the list of maintainers for the remaining open bugs (excluding
the pending bugs). Some of these are really v.v.old and I will look at
doing delayed NMU's for those that remain unfixed after Fosdem.

http://www.emdebian.org/bugs.php

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org>
   krb5 (U)

Bill Allombert <ballombe@debian.org>