Re: Copyright question

Hi Jean!

You wrote:

> I intend to package HPL benchmarks. Copyright file contains the
> following statements:
> ----------------------
>  1. Redistributions  of  source  code  must retain the above copyright
>  notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
>
>  2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce  the above copyright
>  notice, this list of conditions,  and the following disclaimer in the
>  documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
>
>  3. All  advertising  materials  mentioning  features  or  use of this
>  software must display the following acknowledgement:
>  This  product  includes  software  developed  at  the  University  of
>  Tennessee, Knoxville, Innovative Computing Laboratories.
>
>  4. The name of the  University,  the name of the  Laboratory,  or the
>  names  of  its  contributors  may  not  be used to endorse or promote
>  products  derived   from   this  software  without  specific  written
>  permission.
> --------------------
>
> I've read DFSG and I'm not sure if items 3 and 4 are problematic. Can
> someone help me ? If it's not ok, may it be in contrib ?

Why is that probematic?  It seems like a default 4-clause BSD license to
me.  Should be fine, unless you intend to link it against GPL code.

Kind regards,
Bas.

| Bas Zoetekouw      | Sweet day, so cool, so calm, so bright, |
|--------------------| The bridall of the earth and skie:      |
| bas@zoetekouw.net  | The dew shall weep thy fall tonight;    |
+--------------------|                    For thou must die.   |